Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Apart

i should have gone away
those were the last of my days
unintentionally
unknowingly
unrehearsed
i was brought into you

you knew me back then
i was reckless and free
careless
happy
spirit
i go where my feet leads me

you were just somebody i knew
but somehow i was drawn to you
convincingly
helplessly
dreamily
i dove right where you wanted me

you learned to love my ways
i survived the challenging you
enduring
unrelenting
unprotesting
i won you over

but here we are now
we stand on a crossroads
instinctively?
unwantingly?
inevitably?
are we to grow apart?

shaken
broken
weakened
two drifters stay apart

lost
down
grounded
yet i am still here
still standing at your doorstep
trying to knock and call your name
telling myself it wouldn't rain

1 Comments:

At 5:25 AM, Blogger CANDLELIZARDEGG said...

hi there chabz,

im gerald galindez and i do poetry too.

mind if we exchange links to share our thoughts ?

tnx.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home